Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I still kind of like Thanksgiving.  It's not a religious holiday, so I don't have to feel weird celebrating it as an agnostic in an entirely Mormon family.

So in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'd just like to show some gratitude for my family.  They're very devout in their beliefs and they don't understand my departure from Mormonism, but every one of them has made attempts to remain in amicable contact with me despite my clear rebellion. 

I know a lot of ex-Mormons aren't so lucky.  My family hasn't shunned me in any way (my oldest sister still invites me to come to church every holiday), and I'm thankful to have escaped the fate that some exmos suffer with for years.  My family can be annoying, and they happen to belong to a cult, but I'm lucky to have them.

Have a good holiday, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment