Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Book of Mormon, Blow by Blow

There are a lot of things about Mormonism that seem pretty shady to me.

At one time or another, I've questioned and criticized lots of different aspects of the religion, but it's difficult to collect all the thoughts I've had over the last decade and put them into a coherent form, let alone remember them all.

So I did some brainstorming in an effort to find more topics to write about...and I realized that the best place to go to discuss Mormon doctrine is Mormon scripture. And I also realized that the last time I read the Book of Mormon all the way through was during a time when I believed it to be the inspired word of God. How trippy would it be now to go back through it with my ex-member perspective?

So I'm going to attempt to look at the Book of Mormon chapter by chapter and let Mormon scripture bring up topics for me to mull over and muse upon. I'm actually kind of excited to see what I uncover that I hadn't noticed before.

So, someday soon...here comes First Nephi, chapter one.

No comments:

Post a Comment